ODISĖJA72 – the festival of filmmaking for film and video makers. In 2017 ODISEJA72 started as a 72 hours short film challenge, where filmmakers from all over Lithuania created short films in only three days. This year ODISEJA72 growing as a festival and invites to a week of education, 72 hours filmmaking challenge and film screening. The event takes place in VGTU „LinkMenų fabrikas”, Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania and „Forum Cinemas VINGIS” cinema theater.
- Only teams can sign up for the 2018 challenge. Participants without a team can look for one on the ODISĖJA72 social networks.
- The maximum number of participants per team is unlimited. The minimum requirement is 2 people.
- Team registration is announced on the www.odiseja72.lt website. Teams can only register using the form on the website.
- Registration for the challenge – until 21st of May. There is a limited number of participating teams. In case of too many teams, organizers can finish registration before 21st of May.
- All registered and teams can participate in the ODISĖJA72 film challenge.
- Every registered team must pay registration fee within a week after confirmation letter:
- Team registration fee for teams registered until 2019.04.30 – 50 eur.
- Team registration fee for teams registered from 2019.05.01 to 2019.05.14 – 60 eur.
- Team registration fee for teams registered from 2019.05.15 iki 2019.05.21 – 80 eur.
- Registration fee should be paid by bank transfer to the bank account of the organizer of the event “Turboidėja”.
Participation in the Challenge
- The opening ceremony of ODISĖJA72 film challenge will be held on 31st of May, 2019 form 9 am. at VGTU “LinkMen7 Fabrikas”, Vilnius. At least one person from the team should participate.
- Every team can participate in mentoring sessions for free. The consultations take place according to a schedule that will be presented to the participants on the day of the challenge.
- All the teams of the challenge must end up presenting movies they create.
- The authors of the films take on full responsibility for copyright or any other possible violations or infringements.
- Participation in the challenge is not restricted by residence, age, or education.
- All of the movie creation costs are covered by the creators themselves.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety during the filmmaking process.
- The filming must be conducted following all the relevant rules and having obtained permissions from the owners of the locations.
- Personal data provided by the participants may be used for direct marketing purposes and could be provided for festival partners. If a team member does not agree to use his / her contact information for direct marketing purposes, the email address should be specified as “not used for marketing”.
- The participants will be photographed and filmed during the challenge, all the material captured will only be used for communication purposes of the ODISĖJA72 event.
- Participants of the event must respect the location of the opening ceremony – VGTU “LinkMenų Fabrikas”, and the location of the closing ceremony – “Forum Cinemas Vingis” cinema theater. Participants themselves are liable for any damages.
Requirements for the films
- Films created by the participants must be original and based on screenplays written during the challenge.
- The films must accomplish all the tasks provided to the participants during the challenge. The film must clearly show all the elements in the task.
- Only movies the creation of which starts on May 31st 2019 and ends on June 3rd 2019 can participate in the selection for competition program.
- Before the challenge, the participants are allowed:
- To look for actors to take parts in their movie.
- To look for filming locations.
- To reserve any equipment necessary for filming.
- Feature and animated films can be created during the challenge.
- A film created by one team must last at least 4 and no more than 6 minutes in length (not counting the subtitles).
- Subtitles cannot take more than 30 s.
- The music in the movies must be used legally or created during the challenge.
- Musical tracks from the UPRIGHT MUSIC database can be used for all the movies in the challenge.
- All the teams selected to participate in the challenge will be granted free access to the UPRIGHT MUSIC record database.
- All the soundtrack must be properly referenced in the subtitles: “Title of the piece”, Composer, Upright Music | Catalogue
- When submitting a completed film, it is necessary to send a completed form of the usage of the works in the film, which will be presented to each team during the challenge.
- Movies created during the challenge can be parts of other events, movie festivals, and competitions in Lithuania and worldwide.
- The public screening of the competition program movies and the award ceremony will take place June 13th 2019, 7 P.M. at the FORUM CINEMAS VINGIS cinema.
- The organisers reserve the right to set up other public screenings of the created movies in Lithuanian and other cinemas around the world, as well as to invite the creators to take part in the screenings.
Delivery of completed movies
- The films must be delivered in an .mp4 format, using the H.264 codec. The file size cannot exceed 2 GB. Volume level peaks must not exceed -10 dB.
- The start of the movie must include the vignette for the ODISĖJA72 challenge that must show the task for the movie, the name of the team and the movie title.
- Example of the vignette: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PpQQvjDWOqfu5g_vJy-xTMyWlGOjUaKvnEvsa9f0UY0/edit#slide=id.p
- The end subtitles of the movie must indicate that it took part in and was created during the 72-hour filmmaking challenge ODISĖJA72.
- All the movies of the challenge must include English subtitles. (If the primary language of the movie is English, the subtitles must be Lithuanian).
- The completed movie file must be uploaded to http://onlinemd5.com/ where the unique movie code will be generated.
- The generated code must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title of the movie and the name of the team. The code must be sent by 03.06.2019 at 11:00 at the latest.
- The movie file must be submitted via the wetransfer.com to email@example.com, sending a link to download the movie no later than 04.06.2019 11:30.
- When delivering the movie, the email must include: the name of the team, the title of the movie, the movie’s duration, its task, and a short, 1-2 sentence description of the film.
- No changes after 03.06.2013 11:00 am in the movies are not allowed. The file code for the movie uploaded to the www.onlinemd5.com platform and the downloaded film code must be identical. Movies with changes made after the unique code sending will not be evaluated.
FILM SELECTION AND PARTICIPATION IN COMPETITION PROGRAM
- All ODISĖJA72 films created during the challenge and meeting the requirements are presented to the jury members, who select 20 films participating in ODISĖJA72 competition program.
- The results of the screening program will be announced to each participating team via email by 10 th of June.
- The films selected for the ODISĖJA72 competition program will be shown during the public review on June 13th. 19:00 Forum Cinemas VINGIS at the Cinema.
- All films created during the ODISĖJA72 challenge and selected for the competition program are publicly announced on www.odiseja72.lt.
- The films selected for the competition program qualify for the awards announced on the www.odiseja72.lt website.
- A movie created by one team can win one award. Audience choice prizes can also be awarded to a team that has already been awarded by a jury.
- The created films cannot be posted to the Internet or otherwise made publicly accessible before 7 P.M. of June 13th. Any movies made publicly available before this time will be disqualified and will not be showed at the ODISĖJA72 screening at FORUM CINEMAS VINGIS cinema.
- Each team at ODISĖJA72 is invited to the film screening and award ceremony. Each team is given 10 invitations.